Kids

Kids

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The day he asked me to marry him


June 18,2010
As my amazing fiancé knows, I have a terrible memory. So I am writing this while it is all very fresh at 2am (not that I could ever forget this amazing day).
I knew Brian was proposing soon, so it was not going to be easy for him to surprise me:) Plus I think a lot and every word he spoke I wondered what his motives were... LOL

Early this week he told me he had off of work today (Friday) because his work was going to play boccie ball. He told me what a big deal it was and how he won a trophy one year. It made no sense to me and I totally thought he was making that up. He asked me to breakfast before the tournament. All week I thought he would propose because no ones work has boccie ball tournaments. LOL!!! So he picked me up in the morning and took me to the Living Room in La Jolla. This is where we spent a part of our first date on Cinco De Mayo. We ate a delicious meal then walked around the beach for an hour or so. It was truly the most beautiful day. It was nice and sunny and perfectly clear skies. At about 12 he said, "well we should go because I need to get to the park for boccie ball." I had wondered if maybe he was being serious and started getting really sad. We got on the freeway and headed towards my house. The thought of not spending the day with Brian was making me tear up. As we are about to get on the 805 South he heads north and tells me he is not going to meet his co-workers and is spending the day with me. His co-workers however, really were at a park having their boccie ball championship. That made me laugh so much. He was not lying at all.

We took a beautiful drive up the coast to Dana Point where Brian rented us beach cruisers (I have always wanted to do this. He had all kinds of plans up his sleeve that sneaky man). It was hours of fun! We laughed a lot together and the day was just so perfect. Then we grabbed a bite to eat at this cute snack shack I love and headed to this beautiful beach in Laguna. After laying out in the sun we changed and had dinner over looking the water in Laguna Beach while sipping on some Margaritas. After dinner we took a sweet little walk to a beautiful beach that was almost all ours except a husband, wife, and daugher. We took some silly pictures and then Brian got down on his knee and proposed!!!! It was magical and I said YES!!! The couple and their daughter at the beach were the first people we told. They took a picture of us and then we got into talking about church:) He was a pastor at Saddle Back for 8 years. It was really fun sharing a snip-it of our story with them. He said we would be on their blog tomorrow:)

The entire day was so magical. My ring is beautiful and sparkly but most of all I know God brought this amazing man into my life who cherishes me so much and above all loves Jesus and draws me closer to God daily! I never thought I would someday marry my best friend and have a cheesy love story. I never thought my life could be like that. We both have very similar pasts and I could not ask for a man that gets me better than Brian. Thank you Lord that you are in control and truly restore all the years that the locust has eaten (Joel 2:25). All the years of wondering why everything had to be so tough... it all makes sense now. God was preparing me and preparing Brian so we could one day meet and share life glorifying God together!

I love you Brian and thank you for a magical day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Almost as much as I love you guys!!! So glad you started a blog! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW our first post! So glad you had time to check it out:) WE love you and your family so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one blessed lady! I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family. I pray for lots of babies! hehe --Julia Shiras

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUSAN!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you. This all makes me tear up. I love, love, love to see where God has brought you!! Simply amazing!! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete