Kids

Kids

Thursday, October 14, 2010

9 days!


We are finally in the single digit countdown! Where do I start to explain the last four months of being engaged. This time has been beautiful, blessed, long, at times hard (because we just want to be married), has taught me a lot about Gods love, has brought me so close to people at church, has blessed me with so many things...
I would not say that I love being engaged. It has actually been one of the longest times in my life. So many people reading this might say,"but Susan it has only been four months." When God brings two people together and it is right the last thing you want to do is go home EVERY single night and wait to marry that person. If I could do things over I would have had a 5 week engagement as my friend Veronica told me I should do:) I know Gods timing is way better than mine and I am excited for this day to finally be here. I have waited 30 years to meet a man that would love me as Christ loves the church. Brian brings me closer to God daily. He has taught me so much about scripture and is the most patient man for me. Brian's love for me helps me to see God's love for me. I never knew that there could be a man out there that I would really get along with so well and enjoy being around all the time. I thought I would have to settle someday. Brian is la package total! :)
As all of my family and friends know God did not open my heart to Him until I was about 22. For 22 years I lived doing my own thing and lived in all kinds of sin. Being a woman after God's heart means living according to scripture. One way that this has been so different is my purity. I do not know why any Christian really living according to scripture would want to be engaged for more than a few months. How do Christ-centered people maintaining their purity date and be engaged forever!!! When you love someone you want to share your whole life with them. Going home every night and not being ONE with Brian has been so challenging but by God's amazing grace we have waited on God's timing and we know He will bless us for that.
As this last 9 days approaches I pray I am able to trust God and be patient. I have gotten very anxious and have really struggled with living in a couple different homes and having all of my things at Brian's and just not feeling normal. I am also sick right now and praying God would heal me by the wedding. It is so hard to anticipate this amazing day and it finally be here.

I also wanted to take the time to express how overwhelming this time has been for Brian and I because of all of the love and support. When we left our old church we were all alone. People we loved so much and lived life with disappeared. God had a way better plan for us we did not even think could be possible. Grace Church and all of the wonderful people there have poured out their love to us in so many ways! Two of the women are my bridemaids and one would be a bridesmaid but times are busy for her right now. Julia,Kate, and Veronica you are true sisters in Christ. Julia has two little guys at home but has planned most of wedding, taken our engagement pictures, planned a beautiful shower for me, and the list is never-ending. She has a true servants heart and has I look up to her so much! She would do anything to serve people around her. Kate is a mommy to Sophia our flower girl and a wife to Mike who is a groomsmen. Kate who is also pregnant and has not been feeling well has put so much time into planning our rehearsal, bringing treats to my showers, and has been a huge support in teaching me how to cook. Mike and Kate are the reason we are at Grace by God's grace. They have done so much more behind the scenes. Veronica is a mother of 6 beautiful children who love Jesus so much. Veronica and Tim are Godly examples to us and have become our family! They have loved on Collin so much and have made us feel so special. Veronica has been meeting with me, emailing me, and helping me grow so much in this time. She also planned a beautiful shower at the church and blessed me so much! So many people dream about having such loving friends. I always wanted just that one but now I have so many! People have given up their time to serve Brian and I as we prepare to be married. And let me tell you the list of support and love is never ending. We have people helping us set-up and break-down after the wedding, coordinate the day of, cook for the rehearsal, our photographers are not charging us, one couple bought one of our plane tickets to Kauai, a sweet family at church is donating a hoopah for us to stand under to represent my Jewish side, another friend is helping to put all of our flowers together, we have musicians blessing us, people have given us money for furniture and all kinds of other things,my wonderful roomate and blessing from the Lord has allowed me to stay with her at no cost, the Moller's let me live with them at no cost as well, and I know that there are so many more things I could mention but I am sure you understand what I am getting at. God has given us so much and we did not expect any of it! Thank you Jesus! You are so good to us and we do not deserve anything. You called us to yourself and I pray our marriage would be completely centered on you!

Thank you all so much for your love!

Love,
Brian and Susan

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Sus! God has blessed us all by bringing us closer as friends and to our Lord. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it is to belong to a body of believers that truly show the love of Christ. One of my favorite scriptures is John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Grace church lives the scripture. And Susan and Brian we are so blessed to have you two a part of our fellowship. We do truly love you. Bette

    ReplyDelete