I believe the bible makes it so clear that discipleship is a necessary for our spiritual growth. Anytime I ever had a season where I was not working or had more free time I would always spend as much time with the Christ-center mommies around me that I knew. I watched them cook, I observed the way they were with their kids and husbands, I babysit as much as possible. I wanted to start my preparation as a wife and mom as soon as possible. Discipleship of course also involves being in the word and having intentional studies. God calls me to be a help-mate to my husband and so any one on one time I have with older, wiser women helps me grow as a woman of God.
I have been meeting with our Pastors wife every other week to help her cook and serve the men that come to Theology Club on Monday nights. In this time we also talk about what God is doing in my life and I learn as much from her as possible. She is above reproach in every way! I look up to her so much. And she is known for her amazing cooking! So when we meet I get new recipes as well.
This is one Mary found in a magazine and it is DELICIOUS and beyond easy. My husband probably thought I was in the kitchen all day. (Don't tell him it barely took me 30 minutes).
Chicken Souvlaki
2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
¾ c crumbled feta
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
¼ c halved kalamata olives
5 tblspns olive oil
2 ½ teaspoon red wine vinager
1 tblspoon lemon juice
1 ½ ts dried oregano
black pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 ½ in pieces
½ c plain yogurt
1 small cucumber diced
1 ½ tablespoon minced fresh dill
4 pieces flat bread or pita warmed
medium bowl combine tomato, feta, onion, and olives.
Large bowl whisk 4blspoon, olive oil, ½ tsp vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and ¼ tsp pepper.
Pour 2 ½ tbsp of the vinaigrette over the tomato mixture toss and set aside.
Add the chicken to the remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Heat the remaining olive oil in large skillet over med high heat transfer the chicken but not the liquid to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cook through 3-4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill and remaining vinegar. Serve with the bread, chicken, and tomato salad.
Love this! What a blessing to be a wife!!!
ReplyDelete