
Well I was at home alone while the boys were out playing ball so I decided to mix up some pizza dough again. My first attempt was not the best but still edible. I got to make pizza dough with Mary and this is the best way to make it.
Pizza Dough
For the crust
1 1/3 cup water
2 TBSP Olive oil
3 Cups of flour
1 tsp Salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Package Active Dry Yeast
First dissolve the yeast in the water for 5-10 minutes.
Combine dry mixture and liquid ingredients in mixing bowl with paddle or beaters for 4 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add remaining flour and knead with dough hook 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
Let dough rest 15 minutes (I put mine in a greased bowl and grease both sides, cover it, and let it sit in a warm place for an hour). Divide into 2 parts (I have a large pizza pan so I do not divide the dough). Press each half into a generously greased 12-inch round pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Pre-bake for 10-12 minutes in pre-heated 400°F oven until edges of crust begin to turn light golden brown. Add desired toppings and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Pizza Sauce
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 tablespoon of each: oregano, basil, garlic powder,red pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese
Pizza Toppings
You can put anything you want on the pizza. We love spicy food so I used 1lb of spicy chicken sausage (I took it out of the casing and cooked it in a frying pan), black olives, mushrooms, jalapenos, and red bell pepper.
And of course top it all off with Mozzarella Cheese!
ENJOY!
I made the pizza sauce tonight and it was delicious!
ReplyDelete