Kids

Kids

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanking God daily!

How gracious is our Lord and savior! He is providing in the most glorious ways and showing me His rich provision daily! I am beyond humbled by the grace of God and His people. I believe I shared a lot of this in my last post but I have been thinking about this all day today as I have been overwhelmed by love! I have felt a bit disconnected from community since Abby because of all the pain I went through on top of having a newborn and going through hormonal issues. And now as I have to heal and allow people to serve me and my family it has been such a blessing to have people over to talk to and take care of us. Through that storm God has grown me so much and provided in ways that I can not even begin to understand fully. Praise be to God for how faithful He is as I have been so faithless. God loves me so much even through my sin. Now why can't I love others in this way. I sin and He loves me. People around me disappoint me and I gripe and whine and hold grudges.... Oh how wicked we are in so many ways. Lord make me more like your Son Jesus.

I am healing daily! Brian stayed up with Abby almost the whole night last night as she is eating a ton right now and growing like crazy! I was so tired I did not even hear her crying. I am the lightest sleeper there is so Brian could not believe I was sleeping through her cries. I woke up thinking we all slept great... not the case, Brian had to be at work by 7am today! We have had dinner provided by our Church family every night. My mom spent the day with me and Abby yesterday. She loves walking her granddaughter outside. Today our sweet friend came over and spent the morning with us and then took Collin and Abby to her house to spend the day with her and her beautiful four children. They all had a great time. In that time another friend of ours came over and cleaned our house while I slept for several hours. Our bible study also got together and paid for us to have several meals delivered by this company that provides fresh meals to your doorstep. People have been calling and texting constantly to see if they can help us in some way. Several of the college girls spent the night the day we got home from the hospital and stayed up with Abigail while daddy got some sleep! And how can I not thank God for Natalie and Dan and their family! To spend time with our baby girl for almost two days and love her as we had to be away! The prayers from the Saints has been so uplifting and has provided so much peace, strength, and healing. There is so much more to praise God for through His people. I was also a bit anxious about all of our hospital bills which really are not too bad but we are trying to pay off debt and be wise with our finances. While we were at the hospital we got a call from Brian's family telling us they wanted to help as much as they could with our bill. What a blessing.

We do not need to worry about anything because God already knows the outcome and His plans are for good. I have been thinking about how easy my labor was, and how great our baby is, how she sleeps constantly and is barely fussy, and how she weighed 6lbs, and so much more. Had she been bigger I would not be able to start holding her after the surgery, had she been a tough baby it would be so hard for her to adjust to all of these people taking care of her and her having to have bottles of my milk. She takes to the bottles great and also is latching onto me fine as well when I am able to feed her. And how great that I did not have to go through a rough labor on top of a surgery. God knows exactly what we can handle and does not give us any more. Even when I thought the surgery was too much and would be the end of me, God made me stronger through it. I cried most of the time I laid in that hospital bed as Brian prayed and was right by my side. Jesus said this before He was to be crucified, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” Luke 22:42 My experience was nothing like this at all in any way but I am reminded of this verse right now. I wanted so bad for God to take away the pain and the surgery but that was not His will.



"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
(Philippians 4:19-20 ESV)"

"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply;
their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out
or take their names on my lips.
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(Psalm 16 ESV)"









2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog title, if you want to get really cool you should change it to Soli deo Gloria ;)

    It is wonderful to see God growing your patience and faith but also your spirit of thanksgiving through this time. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete