Kids

Kids

Monday, March 18, 2013

17 months old

Abigail turned 17 months today! Time continues to fly by! We are in a very fun season with her and love watching her grow and learn new things. Today she got her shots and was weighed in at 20lbs 10 ounces, that puts her in the 9th percentile for weight, she is 31inches tall (43rd percentile), and her head is in the 56th percentile. Our biggest accomplishments in the last couple weeks are sleeping 12 hours straight at night and she is completely done nursing! If I were not pregnant again I think I would be sad that she is done but this momma needed a break! Abby has way too many teeth to count. She basically only has her two year molars left. She is still a picky eater but we have found things that she enjoys so we stick to those. Abby learns new words almost daily. My favorite story happened most recently. Brian loves reading Abby her bible. Abby knows that David killed Goliath, so every time she see's Goliath in the bible she say's, "dead." Unfortunately she loves that word and sometimes say's it out of context:) We were at the store and she pointed to a man and said, "bible" a couple times. Then she kept pointing at him and saying, "dead." I was a little embarrassed so I told her Goliath is dead. The man heard our whole conversation and was very impressed Abby was reading the story about David and Goliath. He was also happy daddy taught her about death at such a young age. The man is Jewish and so I was able to talk to him for a second about Jesus but he wanted nothing to do with that. I love how God used my little baby for us to try and share the gospel.

I absolutely love seeing Abby and Collin together. He is seriously the best big brother anyone could have. He loves her so much. He has turned into an amazing babysitter too. At church Abby holds her bubba's hand and walks every where with him while mommy and daddy do what they have to do. He takes her up and down the playground and takes her down slides at the park. He reads her stories, helps her to get in her chair to eat, he teaches her new words. I praise God for their relationship. It is one of my favorite things!

Praising God for my husband, son, daughter, and baby bean. We are so blessed and thankful to have each other!








No comments:

Post a Comment