I just read my last post for 2017. I forgot what a hard year that was. 2018 was another year of transition for us but also a really fun and sweet year. We did some fun short trips, Brian and I got to get away for a night twice in one year, which has never happened before!
Brian graduated from Seminary after 6.5 years at Southern Theological Seminary. We knew graduation would bring about church change. It is never easy to leave a church. It brings much sadness but we also knew we would be staying local and would see those who we built relationships with. It took us sometime to see what God had planned for us. On July 29th we were called to The Fields. It has been such a huge praise! I went to The Fields 10 years ago which opened up so many doors for us. We love the focus of community at the church, the humility in the leadership, all the ways we get to serve, seeing people one-anothering, seeing old friends, and the list goes on. Brian has been staying busy with his full time job which God has truly blessed us with in so many ways. He is also counseling a lot right now which is also wonderful to see. By the end of January he should be ACBC certified. We have been asked to lead a Community Group for our church. It is awesome seeing all the groups around North County meeting weekly to open Gods word and grow closer together.
Collin lived with us for 7 months. Those months were incredibly difficult but also sweet seeing him stay out of trouble and be almost done with High School. He had a job and was about to get his permit. He moved out July 14th two months short of graduating. Our hearts are sad and it has not been easy but we ultimately can not do anything and pray God would call him! We all pray he would come back and get his life together.
Abby turned 7 this year and started 1st grade. She has grown so much this year. She used to be my most difficult child outside of our teenager. She quickly will ask for forgiveness now and has really calmed down. She rarely naps which is a huge change in our house. She is doing great in school. We have had a lot of girl drama on campus this year but it is allowing us to work through a lot of heart issues and I trust it is helping her to learn to communicate and think through godly ways to handle situations. She is reading and writing so well. It is amazing to see a child reading! I hope she begins to love reading this year. Her and Asher argue much less these days too. She got her own room a month ago. I loved decorating her room and making it all girly like her! She is seriously adorable. We have to still work through a lot but I am so thankful to see her growing.
Asher turned 5 this year. He is just as busy and crazy as the year before. He is our mischievous one always up to who knows what. He still has the best puppy dog eyes and will melt your heart. He has recently starting sitting down to trace letters and color and write out his name. Which is huge! I am daily considering what we will do for Kindergarten next year. He will either go to our public school for three hours a day or join Abby at Classical Academy. I can not imagine homeschooling him right now but we will see how things go this Summer. Praying that this will be the year he grumbles less and will be more content and seek Christ. I also pray he continues to make us laugh all the time and keep his fun personality. He is so athletic! He learned how to swim this year and is not scared to try anything!
Aaron turned 2 this year. It blows my mind how much he talks and in full sentences! He is such a smart little guy. He is also spicy and ready to take charge. He is a fun kid and we love watching him grow into his own.
I do miss having babies but I have found myself so content with us being a family of 6 for good unless we miraculously are given a baby:) I think this year coming up I may catch up on some much needed sleep. I pray my health gets better each day. I hope to do less as we have been incredibly busy. I signed the kids and I up for way too many things this year. I am struggling to keep going with all these things. They are good but more than we expected.
Brian and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. I love this man so much! It blows my mind every day I get to be married to him. He is a true servant in our home and loves us all so deeply! I can not imagine doing this insane life with anyone else. To think where I was 10 years ago or 20 years go. I never imagine life on earth could be slightly sweet. I spent so many years living such a crazy and sad life.
2019 may you bring more of Jesus, more time in the word, more praying. I am praying for deep friendships for this year. I come with an open heart ready to take on challenges and hoping for a faith that runs so deep no matter what trial hits! We are not called to an easy life especially as believers wanting to reach people with the gospel! Happy New Years Family and Friends!
Brian graduated from Seminary after 6.5 years at Southern Theological Seminary. We knew graduation would bring about church change. It is never easy to leave a church. It brings much sadness but we also knew we would be staying local and would see those who we built relationships with. It took us sometime to see what God had planned for us. On July 29th we were called to The Fields. It has been such a huge praise! I went to The Fields 10 years ago which opened up so many doors for us. We love the focus of community at the church, the humility in the leadership, all the ways we get to serve, seeing people one-anothering, seeing old friends, and the list goes on. Brian has been staying busy with his full time job which God has truly blessed us with in so many ways. He is also counseling a lot right now which is also wonderful to see. By the end of January he should be ACBC certified. We have been asked to lead a Community Group for our church. It is awesome seeing all the groups around North County meeting weekly to open Gods word and grow closer together.
Collin lived with us for 7 months. Those months were incredibly difficult but also sweet seeing him stay out of trouble and be almost done with High School. He had a job and was about to get his permit. He moved out July 14th two months short of graduating. Our hearts are sad and it has not been easy but we ultimately can not do anything and pray God would call him! We all pray he would come back and get his life together.
Abby turned 7 this year and started 1st grade. She has grown so much this year. She used to be my most difficult child outside of our teenager. She quickly will ask for forgiveness now and has really calmed down. She rarely naps which is a huge change in our house. She is doing great in school. We have had a lot of girl drama on campus this year but it is allowing us to work through a lot of heart issues and I trust it is helping her to learn to communicate and think through godly ways to handle situations. She is reading and writing so well. It is amazing to see a child reading! I hope she begins to love reading this year. Her and Asher argue much less these days too. She got her own room a month ago. I loved decorating her room and making it all girly like her! She is seriously adorable. We have to still work through a lot but I am so thankful to see her growing.
Asher turned 5 this year. He is just as busy and crazy as the year before. He is our mischievous one always up to who knows what. He still has the best puppy dog eyes and will melt your heart. He has recently starting sitting down to trace letters and color and write out his name. Which is huge! I am daily considering what we will do for Kindergarten next year. He will either go to our public school for three hours a day or join Abby at Classical Academy. I can not imagine homeschooling him right now but we will see how things go this Summer. Praying that this will be the year he grumbles less and will be more content and seek Christ. I also pray he continues to make us laugh all the time and keep his fun personality. He is so athletic! He learned how to swim this year and is not scared to try anything!
Aaron turned 2 this year. It blows my mind how much he talks and in full sentences! He is such a smart little guy. He is also spicy and ready to take charge. He is a fun kid and we love watching him grow into his own.
I do miss having babies but I have found myself so content with us being a family of 6 for good unless we miraculously are given a baby:) I think this year coming up I may catch up on some much needed sleep. I pray my health gets better each day. I hope to do less as we have been incredibly busy. I signed the kids and I up for way too many things this year. I am struggling to keep going with all these things. They are good but more than we expected.
Brian and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. I love this man so much! It blows my mind every day I get to be married to him. He is a true servant in our home and loves us all so deeply! I can not imagine doing this insane life with anyone else. To think where I was 10 years ago or 20 years go. I never imagine life on earth could be slightly sweet. I spent so many years living such a crazy and sad life.
2019 may you bring more of Jesus, more time in the word, more praying. I am praying for deep friendships for this year. I come with an open heart ready to take on challenges and hoping for a faith that runs so deep no matter what trial hits! We are not called to an easy life especially as believers wanting to reach people with the gospel! Happy New Years Family and Friends!
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4


























No comments:
Post a Comment