Being a wife and mom has been a great joy in my life! I absolutely love it! I have always wanted to have a creative outlet but never knew what that would be for me. Now I love baking and cooking new dinners every night. It is a joy to have my husband come home and smile at me while I am in the kitchen. I know it blesses him so much to come home to a wife that wants to serve him with all my heart. I thank God daily He blessed my husband with a job that allows me to stay home and take care of our home, Collin, and be doing full time ministry. Thank you God for all the ways you provide!
I found two recipes online for this soup and mixed them up a bit because I liked certain things from each recipe! This was so delicious and so easy to make. I served it with some rosemary bread with olive oil and balsamic.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or chicken tenders
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1-½ teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 or 1/2 Diced Onion
1 Diced Green Bell Pepper
1 cups Red Bell Pepper
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 can Rotel Tomatoes And Green Chilies
32 ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Stock
4-5 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
3-4 cups Hot Water
2 cans Black Beans, Drained
1 can kidney beans
1 bag frozen corn
Garnishes:
Tortilla chips
Sour Cream
Diced Avocado
Diced Red Onion
Grated Monterey Jack Cheese or Mexican cheese or anything
Cilantro
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on chicken breasts, then sprinkle a small amount of spice mix on both sides. Set aside the rest of the spice mix. I used all the seasoning above in soup and made a just drizzled this same seasoning over the chicken on one side.
Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is done. Use two forks to shred chicken. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir.
Pour in Rotel, chicken stock, tomato paste, water, and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, partially covered.
Ladle into bowls, then top with sour cream, diced red onion, diced avocado, tortilla chips and grated cheese, if you have it! (The garnishes really make the soup delicious.)
Sounds yummy! But, my favorite part was reading about your joy to serve your family. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading my heart <3 I am growing so much right now. God is really blessing us! What a rewarding job us mummies have!
ReplyDelete