Kids

Kids

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

An old friend of mine shared this recipe with me awhile back and I LOVE it! So easy to make and absolutely delicious! Just serve with some warmed crescents. I buy those in the cooler section near the sour cream and such.

Directions:
1 stick of butter (1/2 c.)
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Cook these ingredients until thick and bubbly.

Add:
2 2/3 c. chicken broth
1 c. milk (will thicken)
I allow this to thicken for a few minutes

Next add:
3 c. cooked, cubed chicken *I buy chicken tenders and cut them up and cook them in a skillet with some olive oil for a few minutes)
1 1/2 c. carrots
3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and para-boiled
3/4 c. frozen peas
1 can of corn or frozen corn
(or you can buy one package of a frozen vegetable mix)

I do the first two first and then mix everything in a large glass baking dish.

Bake at 425 degrees, for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment