I wrote this on my old blog almost two years ago and thought I would share a part of it for anyone who feels discouraged and in need of some verses that can provide comfort and rest!
"My heart is heavy and hard and my sin is deep. I suffer deeply and yearn so much to know Gods love more daily. I think a lot about the ways of God and how far I am from being in the image of Jesus. I lay here pondering Gods grace and goodness. Why can't I grasp that His plans for me are for good. We go through these ups and downs. They are there for the rest of our life. It is how we deal with them that will determine where we let ourselves go in our thoughts.
"I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13
I want to be able to say these things because of the work of Jesus in my life. Paul is amazing to me. All of his writings teach me so much about our savior. Our hearts can become so clouded and wicked if we do not take our thoughts captive (2 Corinthians 10:5). Paul was a man who had a past that we can not fathom. Nevertheless God brought Him out of that and transformed him in order that God's glory could be displayed in the most miraculous ways for all to see.
"But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11.
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecution, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 8-10
No comments:
Post a Comment