Kids

Kids

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sleep? YES!!!

The last week has been incredible! One day last week I had enough and put Abby in her crib and let her cry. I knew I would not last if she cried more than 10-15 minutes so I prayed so hard!!! God answered my prayer and Abby barely cried and fell asleep within 10 minutes. I am not a big advocate of letting your baby cry it out. I think moms that do that are very strong and amazing because I cried each of the few times we tried it a few months back. I could not handle it. We bought a king size bed so Abby could start sleeping with us. I am not a big advocate of baby in bed either. After a few weeks of Abby in bed I realized no one was getting good sleep because Abby had to stretch out and move around non-stop. All I do know is that I was EXHAUSTED and it was affecting my health, my family, and my emotions.
 Abby has been doing an awesome job sleeping in her crib. I can not tell you how wonderful I feel! I am just praising God that He knew when Abby was ready to be in her crib and he made it happen! He gave me the grace to get through the last 3-4 months of little sleep. The last few months have been so hard but I knew parenting would not be easy and having a child is a sacrifice. I love my kids so much and will stay up all night with them if I have too. I reminded myself over and over again that Abby would not be a little babe for long and I want to cherish every moment whether she is crying or not, sleeping or not, sick or not, etc.
  Thank you all who have prayed for us and this exhausting season we had. It seemed like it would never end and maybe it will start up again but I am just so thankful for answered prayer and the sleep I am getting right now!

1 comment: