I have made several banana bread recipes but this one far exceeds all of them. My wonderful old roommate Elizabeth has been making this for years!
Pre-heat oven to 350*
> Grease a bread pan (mine was a large glass one or you could do about two small foil ones or even) with butter or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
(I have a KitchenAid so I combined the large bowl items first then added bananas and milk, then dry ingredients, and the last and best ingredient the peanut butter chips)
> In a small bowl, combine 2c flour. 1/2tsp salt. 1/2tsp baking soda. 1tsp baking powder
>Any other dry ingredients: peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, cranberries, chopped nuts
> In a medium bowl, mash together 4-5 ripe bananas with 3-4Tbsp of milk
> In a large bowl, place 3/4 stick of butter, 2/3c sugar, 2 eggs. Beat together. Add banana mixture and mix until smooth. Slowly pour in dry ingredients, blending together.
> Pour into the greased pan and place in oven for 45-55 min. Check with toothpick in the center of the loaf; it should come out clean.
Slice and enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment