Kids

Kids

Friday, September 20, 2013

Welcome sweet Asher James

Our beloved boy has made his arrival and I have to just say he came out gorgeous and adorable immediately. But before I get to that let me share our birth story. We were schedule for a 5am induction today September 20th. My due date was September 25th. I came in and got all set up very quick. I was 4cm and 80 percent effaced when we got here and was totally fine with no contractions at all. They started my pitocin around 615am and doctor broke my water at 815. So by 9 my contractions were starting to grow but it was tolerable. At 10 the anesthesiologist told me if I wanted a epidural that was the only time he could do it. I was pretty bummed because I wanted to keep going without but Brian was nervous for me to be in pain and I didn't want to regret it. The epidural this time turned out to be the hardest part. It was so hard to get in. By 11 I went from 5.5 centimeter or so to 9cm in 30 minutes. I didn't feel anything at that point. They only had my epidural on for one hour. At 1115 I told Brian I thought the baby was coming out. And sure enough.... Nurse came in and said, "yup there's the head getting close." So she called Dr. Steele and they set everything up. I pushed for maybe 10 minutes and he came out at 1145am! Weighing 8lbs, 21.5inches long, big cheeks, adorable face, perfect shaped head, he barely made a peep! He was precious the moment he made his entrance. I could not have asked for better nurses and a doctor whom I love. I am so blessed to have two easy deliveries so far. Praise God! I am so grateful. I was up walking and hanging soon after that. The nurses were very impressed with how well everything went and have barely been in to bother us since we moved to the recovery room. Abby was able to come to the hospital and visit with her grandparents who have taken amazing care of her. That is just a huge praise! Abby loves Asher. She was kissing him,  holding him and just wanting to love all over him. It blessed my heart. 
Asher has just been a precious babe since he came into this world. He came out so gorgeous and big. We were all shocked to find out he is 8lbs. What a big boy. He has barely cried at all. He is nursing great and is just super relaxed. I am so grateful for this day and that everything went so great! I am feeling really good and super excited to bring our sweetie home to be with the family. I am also excited for Collin to come visit us tomorrow. He can't wait to meet the little guy. Praise be to God always. 
Thank you all who have lifted us up in prayer. We are so thankful for each of you!! 









4 comments:

  1. Dear Susya,
    We are so happy for you and we wish you and your wonderful family all the best.
    We are also very proud of you to become such a beautiful, loveable, smart, talented, multitasking woman.
    We would add many more other words to point to your features, but our vocabulary is limited.
    We love you and.
    Julia and Alex - your old friends from Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your birthing story. You did great and God is good! Love all the photos and seeing Abbey and Collin with Asher is so sweet! He is loved by so many already:)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your birthing story. You did great and God is good! Love all the photos and seeing Abbey and Collin with Asher is so sweet! He is loved by so many already:)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete