


Baby Abby is 7.5 weeks old! She is a sweetheart! Everyday she grows and changes. On Tuesday she weighed in at 10lbs 9ounces! She has gained 5 pounds since we brought her home. WOW!!!! She is a healthy eater, what can I say:) Her smiles melt my heart. Her crazy arms and legs flying around everywhere are fun to watch. Her hair falling out and her becoming a bald baby has been hysterical. There are so many fun new things happening daily!
Abby went from sleeping 24 hours a day to being more awake as well as a bit fussy. Getting Abby to sleep can be challenging but she slept for 7.5 hours last night. It was an answer to prayer. Momma really needed some rest and had a lot of things to do. I was able to wake up with her at 430am today and put her down an hour later and have time to clean, read and blog!
Being a mother to a newborn has had many ups and downs. Watching my girl smile and Collin love on his sister bring so much joy to my heart. Seeing Brian help out when he can blesses my heart. He knows when I need a little break and will wake up on a Sunday morning at 345am and take care of Abby if she is crying, he helps to put her to sleep at night, and has been such a sweet support and encourager. It can be so discouraging to have Abby fuss for hours and feel I am doing something wrong. He always reminds me that God is good and in control and Abby is not going to have a routine down and might be more fussy right now.
It can be discouraging to try on dresses and not fit into anything right now. It seems after 7.5 weeks I should be back to my old self but apparently that is not how it works unless you are naturally skinny.
I praise GOD for His grace. He never gives us more than we can handle. I praise God He blessed us with beautiful children and pray to always be growing as a mother to them. There was a point in my life I wondered if I would ever have children and now I have two. I want to rejoice in that always, even when things are not going as "I" had planned. Gods plans are greater than mine and I want to always remember that.
LOL I love the first picture...Baby Fist!
ReplyDeleteOMG she is tooo cute.......I need to come hang out again soon!! :)
ReplyDeleteshe is soooo expressive!!! love the pink and red tu tu pictures, I can remember Tay in that, for about 5 minutes!!!! You are doing a wonderful job, Susan, you should be proud :)
ReplyDeleteGramma