Abby and I went to visit this beautiful Rose Garden today while Brian was at work. As I drove into this beautiful area of San Jose it reminded me of the mid-west and how green everything is and how full the streets are with trees. It was really hard to get back into the car and leave. As I was absolutely sucked into this beautiful environment it reminded me of a text in Matthew we just finished in our small group. Matthew 19:23 "And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven."This does not say that rich people will not get into heaven and it also does not say all poor people will. Having wealth allows for a much more comfortable life at times with all of the luxuries the world can provide. Being in this neighborhood I started dreaming about what it would be like to live in a beautiful house with trees every where and green grass and safe parks! When we leave San Jose and this beautiful hotel we go back to our duplex in the ghetto, no pool, no one cleaning my room every day, no big beautiful trees, the smell of nature will be replaced with that of people smoking marijuana. I had to stop and thank God that although my life is not what some have I praise Him that He has called me to Himself and my home in Heaven will be more amazing than anything on earth. So thankful God opened my heart and blessed me with greater riches than anything I can imagine.
I just started reading a book called Kisses from Katie. It has been wonderful. Katie lived a very comfortable life and had everything she wanted and needed until she was called to moved to Uganda. She loves it there and has a very Christ-centered focus. God did not call us to the comfortable. We are called to die to self and live for Christ in whatever ways that means. I am thankful God has allowed me to go through all I have and live the life I have so I can be reminded of how big God is and all He has done for me. I am only on Chapter two of this book but recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment